The family run Hotel Gletschergarten
We have been running our Hotel Gletschergarten for more than 120 years with great passion and always as a family business. We cultivate personal contact with our guests and look forward to getting to know each guest individually. Sustainability also plays an important role for us: we heat with Co2-neutral district heating from Grindelwald and offer our guests a charging station for electric cars.
We are proud that our daily commitment is appreciated by our guests through personal words, an entry in the guestbook or a rating on various portals. In recent years, this has enabled us to achieve first place in Grindelwald on TripAdvisor and other portals. For several years now, we have also received the Travellers Choice Award, which places us among the 25 best hotels offering the best service in Switzerland.
A history over 4 generations
Our Hotel Gletschergarten was built in 1899 by great-grandparents Johann and Margaritha Brunner-Brunner and celebrated its 120th anniversary in 2019. For the anniversary, we corked 120 bottles of vintage wine, a wine which is also available for our loyal guests – while stocks last. Learn more about the rich history and traditions of our house.
Relax after a tiring day of skiing or hiking in our comfortable wellness area. We have a steam bath, a sauna and a relaxation room with sun loungers and Swiss pine cushions.
Service at the Hotel Gletschergarten
As a guest of the Hotel Gletschergarten you receive the local guest card, with which you benefit from numerous discounts in the region. Among other things, you will receive free access to the Grindelwald sports centre with indoor swimming pool and ice rink.
In addition, the following services await you at the hotel:
- Breakfast buffet with fresh, regional products
- 4-course dinner
- Personalized advice on excursion destinations and activities in the region
- Tickets at standard price at our reception desk
- Free guest card for public transport and activities in Grindelwald
- Free WLAN throughout the house
- Practical ski room
- Games room with table football, table tennis, billiards, etc.
- Toilets with coin-operated washing machine and dryer
- Pick-up service at Grindelwald railway station (on request)
- Free parking spaces
- Charging stations for Tesla and other electric cars